We missed a couple of days listening as a family for various reasons, so here are just my thoughts as we get close to the end of our listening schedule.
- There’s that phrase “at the proper time” again. As much as I know God’s time is always proper, I hate the waiting and the not knowing.
- Have to say that I’m really disappointed that the readers inserted their opinion 4 out of 4 times on the marriage phrase. As in 1 Timothy 3 and 5, the CEV here says “faithful in marriage” even though the audio read it as “married only once” again.
- Some people say that church leaders shouldn’t be business people; Paul would disagree
- It’s important to live so that people can’t insult God’s message or his people
- Sometimes we have to be reminded to obey the government (hopefully the election won’t require extra reminders!)
- People like to be accepted; Jesus made us acceptable to God
- I wonder how Philemon responded when he read Paul’s letter
- Again, the miracles were to verify that the message was God’s and was true; that verification is not necessary today in our part of the world.
- Now this is a bailout plan I can live with!
- I noticed that “keep the faith” and “hold onto the faith” show up a couple of times in chapters three and four.
- Two huge theological truths – Jesus “had to suffer” and “suffering made him perfect”
- There is a lot that people don’t understand about the first few verses of Hebrews 6. I expect there are a lot of questions out there.