So our family started the “Listen” program this afternoon during lunch. A half-hour per day is going to take some time to get used to, especially for the younger kids. niké.sk sportfogadás But they did really well.
After we listened I asked if there was anything that jumped out at anyone. Here is what we heard in today’s listening:
Micah: Don’t test God (chapter 4)
Saralynn: Didn’t remember that there were sets of 14 generations; can help with dating historical events (chapter 1)
Nathan: Serve only God (chapter 4)
David & Rachael: Heard the names of most of our kids
- Three of our four kids’ namesakes are referred to in chapters 1-2; two are by name (David, Rachael); Micah is the prophet who said that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem
- How many times was something done or said in chapters 1-4 “in order to fulfill the [Old Testament] Scriptures”?
- “The eyes are the windows to the soul” (Matthew 6:22-23)
- God will treat me the way I treat others (Matthew 7:1-2)
- God is more concerned about “being” than about “doing” (Matthew 7:22-23; listen to today’s message for more on that)