This is the first time we have spanned chapters from more than one book during our listening. It wasn’t nearly as disruptive as I thought it would be going from 2 Corinthians into Galatians.
Here are our end-of-week stats again. Through today and Galatians we are:
- 70% of the way through the days (28 of 40)
- 65% of the way through the chapters (168 of 260)
- 1/3 of the way through the books (9 out of 27) – things will pick up here soon
Micah (got paper out again – and asked some really good questions):
- They talked about Adam and Eve and Satan
- It was funny when Paul said if they slap me then I can slap them
- Paul was saying what bad happened to him
- Why did Paul say he has to brag?
- Paul said when he was weak he was actually strong
- Paul was telling us that we will be weak because God was weak when he was nailed on the cross
- How did God choose who the apostles were going to be? (Dan’l: Anyone want to tackle this one?)
- I wonder how long it was before I was born from them
- Paul has been talking about Timothy
- Why was Paul calling us stupid?
- Why does he talk about yeast and dough?
- They said love others as much as you love yourself.
- I find some of Paul’s statements about ministry and money interesting (see also 12:13)
- Even Paul wanted to slap people sometimes when they just didn’t get it
- Many people want to do and see “wonders and signs” today. Paul was clear that they were necessary back to in order to distinguish the true apostles from false teachers. العب واربح المال الحقيقي That is no longer necessary today since we have the Bible – God’s Word. العب بوكر We just have to understand it.
- How cool it would be to be able to look back on your life and say, “Because of me they praised God!“
- I wonder what Paul meant when he said that Peter “lived like a Gentile“. What did he do that he hadn’t done before, when he had lived like a Jew? كازينو وليام هيل
- Something I want to look at a little bit more closely: Angels gave the law to Moses?