I can’t believe we’re down to only 3 days left now. The book of the Revelation is all we have left. Things got a little wacky tonight during 2 John for some reason (pics below). Sometimes you just have to let off a little weirdness.
Saralynn: Is this the only place we read about Satan and Michael fighting over Moses? Do we read Enoch’s words anywhere else?
- Love is an action, not an emotion. “We truly love God only when we obey him as we should.“
- As I listened, I was reminded that these believers really expected Christ to return any second. What would our world look like if we all lived the same way today?
- “What we will be hasn’t yet been seen” – it’s OK to be a child when we’re children, but that’s never the ultimate goal. Just a reminder that the best is still to come.
- The devil has sinned “from the beginning“. I wonder how much time had passed from his creation before he sinned.
- We are proof-needing people – we require proof. The Spirit is proof we are one with him.
- [Weird thought: The old man voice is great for John’s letters. These were some of his final words as an old man. The voice is full of love for his younger converts.]
- If this doesn’t reflect God’s heart, I don’t know what does: “Nothing brings me greater happiness than to hear that my children are obeying the truth.”
- For some reason John comes across as weak to me in 3 John, but not in the other letters
- I love the reference to pen and ink. Today he would say, “I don’t want to email the other stuff – see you soon.”
- Where are the people who are boldly standing up for the truth today? Jude was the man! I want to study this little letter some more.
- Bonus question: How many references to the Old Testament does Jude pack into 25 short verses?
Pics of Second John (they did this on their own – don’t ask!)