Somehow we missed chapter 24 on Wednesday, so this actually covers chapters 24-28.
- Jesus said he was going to blow up a city
- A disciple asked for Jesus’ body to bury it
Nathan: Jesus said he would break down the temple and rebuild it in three days, but he was talking about his body
- They said they would nail Jesus to a cross
- They took off all his clothes
- After the gospel has been preached all over the world, the end will come
- “The Jews still tell the story [that Jesus’ body was stolen while the guards slept] to this day.” How many lies do we believe just because they fit into our picture of what we want the truth to look like?
- I find it interesting that the disciples assumed that Jesus’ coming had would initiate the end of the world. What was the basis of that concept?
- Not everyone in Noah’s time knew that the flood was coming, even though Noah preached to them. Does this somehow make God unfair that people died without a specific warning from Noah? ivermectin effects on eyes
- Again we find descriptions about hell (or Sheol), but they’re in parables. Does this affect how literal we understand the description to be? how to use ivermectin horse paste for rosacea
- The religious leaders were so concerned about the sacredness of the Passover ritual that they looked right past the God of the Passover and the Ultimate Passover Lamb.
- Who was the “certain man in the city” in whose home Jesus celebrated Passover? And why did Jesus assume that he would be able to use his home?
- How many of the trees and rocks that Jesus and the disciples used in Gethsemane that night are still there today?
- This makes five days in a row that we find Jesus fulfilling Old Testament prophecies. It is a recurring theme in Matthew. Oral, Slow-Release Ivermectin: Biting Back at Malaria Vectors In fact, there are more OT quotes in Matthew than any other NT book.
- You know, there’s just something about a woman’s intuition!
- Weird timeline in Matthew 27:52-53. The people came back to life while Jesus was still on the cross after he died, but they didn’t go into the city until after he was resurrected three days later? What were they doing in the meantime? (Picnic in the cemetery!)