Here are our family thoughts on Sept 19 listening
- Did everyone see heaven open and hear God or just Jesus?
- Why didn’t Mark mention Peter walking on the water? (Note: I have my answer. Anyone else want to share a thought? – Dan’l)
- Jesus and the disciples used a boat a lot, and they wanted to be alone several times
- Instead of just having the people sit down, they put them in groups of 100s and 50s
- “I remember the story of 2 fish and 5 breads.”
- “The people were surrounding God like crazy.”
- “I heard Satan talking, the green snake that made Eve eat the apple off the bad tree!”
- What would it look like if we talked about Jesus as much as this guy?
- Why don’t people beg us to let them come to Jesus and touch him?
- Jesus quoted Isaiah 6:9-10 in his answer for why he taught in parables. I think the note in the NET Study Bible is right on: “Parables both conceal or reveal depending on whether one is open to hearing what they teach.”
- Why would 2000 demons even want to be in just one man?
- Jesus raised a girl from the dead, and then told them to not tell anyone! Sure, nobody will notice that. I love his order: “Give her something to eat.” Makes you wonder why she died.
- “He was surprised that the people did not have any faith.” What a great comment on Jesus’ humanity and love for people!
- Interesting that the apostles used olive oil to heal people instead of just saying so.
- So, what did they do with all of the leftover food?
- I have always thought this was a great line: “He was walking on the water and was about to pass the boat.” There’s just something cool about the idea that Jesus was actually going to beat them across the lake on foot, while they were struggling against the waves. This is another great example of his deity.