Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/dangoe11/danielgoepfrich.com/wp-content/plugins/user-specific-content/User-Specific-Content.php on line 373
Here are the stats so far for our Listen program (for you numbers people). As of Saturday’s listening:
- we are over one-third (35%) of the way through by days (14 of 40)
- we are 28% through the chapters (73 of 260)
- we are just over one-tenth (11%) through the books of the New Testament
Micah: God told Jesus what to say
Nathan: This is the only book so far that has done more than just mention Philip
Saralynn: Jesus was alive before John, even though John was born first
- I wonder what kind of relationship John and Jesus had growing up (since they were relatives); John obviously didn’t know that Jesus was the Messiah
- "Come and see" requires that there is something to see. If you invite someone to see Christ, he had better be able to be seen.
- I think momma needed to cut some apron strings and let her baby go
- Think about this: if a teacher of the Old Testament law should have understood about Christ, then we should be able to find him all over the Old Testament law, and we can.
- I had never thought of the Samaritan woman using a condescending tone of voice
- This is what we want to do – move people from just believing our word to actually experiencing Christ
- How many sick people did Jesus walk past and step over in order to heal just one man?
- This is a great explanation of the inner workings of the godhead, the trinity – the Son does nothing on his own, but he has been given the authority to give life to whomever he wants. "Trinity" is good, but "tri-unity" is better.
- Do our actions show others that God has sent us?