Saralynn and I have been out of town at a conference for the last couple of days, but we were listening. I’ll get caught up on my posts in the next couple of days. Here are my listen thoughts from Sunday’s passage:
- I wonder if the offer for kingship was a test or temptation that Jesus chose to run from
- Many people ask, “What does God want me to do?” Jesus’ answer was simple: “God wants you to have faith in the one he sent.”
- This statement reminds me of another one of Jesus’ teachings about those who “hunger and thirst for righteousness” (Matthew 5:6, NET)
- This is a great passage that teaches both 1) God’s perfect knowledge of the future and our responsibility to believe in him and 2) God’s ultimate hand in giving salvation.
- I don’t know how anyone can read this conversation and say that Jesus never said he was God.
- I love this guy’s testimony! “I don’t know about all the fancy stuff. All I know is this: I was blind, but now I can see.” It doesn’t get any better than that!
- This lifelong-blind beggar knew God’s heart behind the Scriptures better than the teachers did.