Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/dangoe11/danielgoepfrich.com/wp-content/plugins/user-specific-content/User-Specific-Content.php on line 373
Here are my thoughts as we listened through the last of the gospels.
- Nowadays most people think about terrorists when they hear these verses. The apostle Paul was one of the first religious terrorists.
- People are wrong on so many levels when discussing things about God. This is why it’s so important to LISTEN to what the Bible says.
- In his humanity, Jesus didn’t know that God would turn his back while Jesus was on the cross
- If Jesus prayed that we would be protected from the enemy, it must be a pretty big deal – much bigger than we realize.
- Jesus already knew what was going to happen, and he did it anyway.
- How did they not know that Jesus was going to come back to life?
- I love that Jesus came back specifically for Thomas. Not one person’s relationship with God is insignificant to him.
- I have always loved the (seemingly insignificant) fact that they counted the fish – and that Jesus had breakfast ready.
- It’s amazing how easily stupid rumors get started.
I don’t know if you thought this or not, but there is something about the narrator’s voice for John’s gospel that just sounded like someone telling me a story.
I love the tone in his voice as he read the last verse. He didn’t make it sound like “The End” – more like, “You’ve got to hear the rest of this story…”
Appropriately, “The Acts of the Apostles” is really the continuing story of Jesus’ work.