We finished 1 Corinthians today. Things are going to start speeding up as we get into the shorter NT books in our listening program.
- Sometimes we don’t understand things in the Bible because the writer wrote knowing that his immediate readers would understand.
- Why should my freedom be limited by someone else’s conscience? Because everything we do is to honor God and others.
- This is a really difficult and controversial passage, especially in today’s culture
- I wonder what the “other matters” were
- Notice the purpose of spiritual gifts is so the Holy Spirit can use us to serve others
- This is such a silly illustration, but it proves the point so well
- Sometimes the part that seems to be the least important is really the most valuable
- “All we can see of God is like a cloudy picture in a mirror”
- I think that chapter 14 really clears up the topic of speaking in tongues. For some reason, people violate these principles constantly.
- It’s interesting that Paul applies and holds this part of the law of Moses to these Gentile Christians
- This is one of those events that is never recorded in the gospels, that Jesus appeared to more than 500 people after his resurrection