Almost caught up in posting our LISTEN thoughts. These are from Saturday.
- Even though they knew that Paul was a Roman citizen, they didn’t take off his chains until the next morning
- People seem to think that all women in the Bible and biblical culture were treated badly, like slaves or property. They use this against the Bible, in general, and against Paul, in particular. So I find it really cool that Luke records that “not a few prominent women” joined Paul’s group in Thessalonica.
- This is a great example of the proper separation of church and state
- Paul’s goal was to make sure that everyone “in Asia had heard the Lord’s message“
- Rhodes was the home of the Colossus of Rhodes – one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Paul was there to see its ruins. طريقه لعب البوكر
- Was it a sin for Paul to go on to Jerusalem after the Holy Spirit said to not go? How would the story have changed if he hadn’t gone?
- Sometimes you do non-essential stuff just to have a good testimony to the people around you