We are well past the half-way point in our listening program. I hope this has been beneficial to you. First Corinthians is very much a practical letter. In it Paul addresses some specific problems and questions the believers in Corinth had. There is much to learn here.
- They talked about preachers and guess who else is a preacher? Dad!
- Using big words to share the gospel with unbelievers causes the cross to lose its power
- We’re not missing out on any blessings waiting for Christ’s return
- In fact, the only reason it sometimes seems like we are (compared to other people) is because God’s best blessings look foolish to those who don’t understand them
- “God’s kingdom isn’t just a lot of words. It is power.”
- Christ’s salvation is still in effect, even when someone is kicked out of the church for gross sin
- Just one thought when I listened to this whole section on judging each other – “So much for focusing on ‘Judge not.’” We are supposed to hold each other in the church accountable for our actions. It’s our hearts and motives that we can’t see. nyerogepes jatekok online
- Paul’s encouragement to “use your body to honor God” is the same as he told the Romans in 12:1
- Chapter 7 includes a lot of clear information on the subject of marriage, divorce, and remarriage. A big chunk of my book deals with the teaching in this chapter.
- Someone’s background can have a huge hindering effect on his/her spiritual development, and there are times that we have to be considerate of this
- What one thing has God called you to do that you will be doomed if you don’t do it?
1 thought on “Listen, Day 25: 1 Corinthians 1-9”
I had to meditate on this comment ” I am not anyone’s slave but I have become a slave to everyone so I can win as many people as possible…”. I have also contemplated what I have to do or be doomed.
Comments are closed.